Sports have always been a driving force for me, not matter my role. It doesn’t matter if I am playing, coaching, watching, or covering sports – I am at my most comfortable when surrounded by teamwork and competition.
As a coach, I believe that athletes should be held to expectations that are lofty yet reachable, and encourage them to push themselves just a little bit harder each day. Over the years I have created a few basic tenants about sports and how to coach them
- I believe that athletes should be held accountable for their performance and preparation by both their teammates and their coaches.
- I believe that feedback should be consistent and delivered in a way that is accessible to that athlete and meets them where they are.
- I believe that every sport is a player’s game and that it is a coach’s job to put their athletes in positions where they can be successful and help the team to a common goal.
Those three principles guide my coaching style, and I pride myself on holding fast by those tenants to insure each athlete gets the most out of their experience.
Click here to access Jimmy’s coaching resume.
- Bancroft School Varsity Boys’ Lacrosse – Volunteer Assistant (2010, 2011)
- The Rivers School Middle School Boys’ Lacrosse – Coach (2014, 2015)
- Team Central Lacrosse (Club) – Assistant Coach 2017 A (2014, 2015)
- The Rivers School Middle School Boys’ A Basketball – Head Coach (2015-Present)
- Mass Mavericks Basketball (AAU) – Coach Boys 2023 (2015 – Present
- Bancroft School “Bulldogs Basketball Camp” (2007-2013)
- Clark University Basketball Clinic (2009-2012)
- Central Mass Hoop Clinic (2009)
- Bancroft School “Kicks Soccer Camp” (2007-2012)